Grant Proposal Presentation Relfection

Helen and I recently went in front of the grant panel to present our proposal to sponsor Families Forward's Summer Enrichment Program, and we ended up getting the full amount we had proposed!

I've written about our project in previous blog posts, so check those out for some details about the project. In this post I will reflect on my thoughts about the process and the presentation.

The Preparation
Helen and I leading up to the presentation met multiple times with our advisor and our coordinator to frame and stay true to our cause and message. We met just us two a couple times to work on slides and rehearse our actual presentation, stay on time, and work out any kinks in the system. We also reviewed our material, research, and proposal.

The Presentation and Questions
We presented to the panel and stayed on time and said all we planned to! We fielded a variety of questions about our involvement and budget.

Reflection
All in all, I'd say that although I was exorbitantly nervous for the presentation, the nerves soon turned into adrenaline and I was able to present and answer questions to the best of my ability. It was incredible to be able to talk about and pitch a project about which I am so passionate, and it was even more amazing to share our good news with our organization. It was a great experience in grant writing and presenting, both things I know I will be doing in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts